Stimulation Day 2

Well, we made it through stimulation day 1 and here we are on stimulation day 2. I wanted to post yesterday after my injections, but I was kinda an emotional mess, so it didn't happen.

I was so anxious all day about it. It sucked because I wanted to get it over with, but I had to wait until the evening to do it because the medication is supposed to be taken at night and has to be taken at the same time each day. Originally I had decided to do 7pm - my alarm had been set for medication at 7pm the last two weeks as I took the birth control. But Kyle and I decided that time was kind of inconvenient because sometimes we'd want to go out for dinner or meet up with friends, etc. So, I decided we'd do 5:30-6ish instead - that way I can do it right when I get home from work, get it over with, and not have to anticipate it.

We had planned for my mom to come over the first day of injections to help us and make sure we were doing everything correctly. Since I was starting to feel better flu-wise on Sunday, my mom, my sister and I all went to the mall during the day to keep my mind busy. Thank goodness we did - it helped a ton. We got home around 330 and waiting until 530 felt like a week, I can't imagine what I would have done if I was just home all day waiting around. We watched the injection videos again to refresh our memory and took everything out of the boxes to prep. Ugh I was terrified.

At 5:20 my mom and Kyle started mixing and prepping the injections. Surprisingly I didn't cry until right when we started wiping my stomach with the alcohol wipe. I have never gotten a shot in my stomach before, so I really didn't know what to expect. We did the Menopur first and then the waterworks happened. I swear I'm not usually this much of a baby with shots, but holy crap, the amount of volume for the Menopur is just SO much it took forever for it all to go in and it burned the whole time. I could literally feel where the medication was under my skin - it was so sore and uncomfortable. We did the Follistim quickly afterwards and thank goodness, that one wasn't as bad. Much quicker and less liquid.

I was seriously emotional for the rest of the night and I cried, a lot. Not because I was in pain, but just because of the realization that I'm going to have to do this every day for what seems like forever (I know it's not that long, but it feels long). And I'm sorry I'm going to be whiny, but it's just so unfair. It's so easy for so many other people to get pregnant, but I have to do this just for a shot at it. Ugh. And I know I shouldn't complain and I should be thankful that I'm still getting the opportunity to go through IVF (and I am thankful I promise), but somedays I just want to complain cause it isn't fair.

I'm completely dreading tonight, well, every night for the next 10 or so days. But I'm trying really really hard to just focus on the current day. I get way too overwhelmed looking forward and I need to take it in stages. So for today, I just need to get through another night of it and hope it gets easier.

On Wednesday morning I go for my next monitoring appointment for blood work and ultrasound to see how my body is reacting to the medication. Right now, I'm just counting down to that appointment and hoping for good results! I'll post an update on Wednesday after I get the results from that appointment!

Thank you to everyone who checked in with me this weekend :) It means so much to have your support!!!